Parent Involvement Policy
Lindale ISD Parent Involvement Policy
Title 1 Parent Involvement Policy
Parent involvement is the participation of parents in every facet of education and development of children from birth to adulthood, recognizing that parents are the primary influence in their children’s lives. Parent involvement takes many forms, including parents’ shared responsibilities in decisions about their children’s education, health and well-being, as well as parents’ participation in organizations that reflect the community’s collaborative aspirations for all children.
Lindale Independent School District embraces parent involvement and understands its importance in providing a quality education to every child. The concept of educating children is understood to be a partnership that includes students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community members. All partners have a responsibility in the academic success of students.
Parent Participation in the Development and Yearly Review of the Policy:
The original policy was developed by a committee of parents representing all Title 1 campuses. This policy is reviewed each spring by the District of Parent Involvement Committee. Members will be invited to give suggestions for revising and updating of the policy. The policy will be distributed to all parents of students in Title 1 schools in the student handbook at the beginning of each year.
Evaluation of the Parental Involvement Programs:
Surveys will be distributed to parents of all students on Title 1 campuses annually either through the school’s website or a hard copy upon request. Parents will be asked to give input on the parental involvement activities for the year as well as perceived barriers to parental participation. Campuses will also complete a campus level survey to determine effectiveness of the program. Survey results will be analyzed and considered during campus planning as part of the comprehensive needs assessment and will be used to strengthen campus and /or district programs for student achievement.
Parent Involvement Policy:
Acknowledging that parents/guardians are a student’s first teachers and that this continuing support is essential for academic success. Lindale Independent School District is committed to the following parent involvement policy:
- Parents will annually receive information concerning the implementation of the Title 1 Schoolwide Program and will be encouraged to attend an annual meeting to offer suggestions for improving/strengthening the program.
- Parents will be given timely information concerning overall student performance standards and expectations (TEKS).
Parent Involvement Policy Continued…
- Parents will be given timely information concerning overall campus/state assessment instruments: local assessment measures, Texas Primary Reading Inventory (TPRI), Texas Assessments of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS).
- Parents will be offered opportunities for learning how to foster improved academic performance for their child(ren).
- Parent representatives will be involved in the development, review and evaluation of the campus improvement plan.
- Parents will be involved annually in the review/revision of the Teacher/Student/Home Compact.
- Parents will be asked to complete surveys seeking evaluation of the Title 1 Schoolwide Program and parent involvement.
- Parents will annually review/revise this policy.
- Parents and the community develop a better understanding of, and support for, what the school is doing.
- Schools better understand the needs and concerns of parents and the community.
- Self-esteem of children increases.
- Student academic performance improves.
- School programs are adjusted to meet the needs of children and adults more fully.
- Parent-child relationships improve.
- The community is strengthened through newly developed relationships between parents.
- The community feels more connected to the school.
- There is more support for public schools.
- Parents play a vital role in decision-making processes.
- Remove any barriers to parent involvement.
- Coordinate parent involvement activities with Head Start.
For comments or concerns, contact Dr. Belinda Neal, Assistant Superintendent and Director of Federal Programs.
903 881-4001 email@example.com Box 370 Lindale, TX 75771