Updated February 25, 2014
Welcome to Kindergarten
Lindale Early Childhood Center
Mrs. Corley's Class
Attention: Kindergarten Spring Program has been rescheduled for April 3, 2014. Lindale High School Gym--7:00 p.m.
Bad Weather Issues: For information concerning school closing or delays refer to the LISD website, KLTV news, and school messenger.
Homework each week will be using the "Toolbox" which was prepared and sent home in September.
Each six weeks new materials are sent to you so that you can add new skills to the box.
Each week the student should use these materials two or three times. Here are some of the things that you can do:
- sort capital and lowercase letters
- match the pictures with the correct beginning letter card
- spell simple CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words with letter cards
- identify the name and sound of each letter
- sort vowels from consonants
- Identify numbers
- count objects and match the correct number
- order numbers from smallest to largest and then largest to smallest
- count aloud to 100
- combine numerals to make new numbers, add, take away
- see how fast you can read the sight words
Take Home Readers or "Baggie Books"
Your child needs to read this book to you two or three times. Please make sure that he/she is tracking the words left to right and also touching the words with their finger. Some children still need to take picture walks before beginning to read the book. Have your child show you how to take a "picture walk". Be sure to read through the sight word spiral, too!
Mark Your Calendar
March 27 Field Trip to the Center for Earth and Space Science Education
March 10-14 Spring Break
April 3 Kindergarten Spring Program